Friday 28 February 2014

5 Months

Wedding Planning Update. 

So far we have:
  • Hired our photographer,
  • Put a deposit on the venue,
  • Done our engagement photos,
  • Launched our wedding website,
  • Registered for gifts,
  • Chosen our officient,
  • Ordered my wedding dress (!)
  • Purchased three out of four of my bridesmaids dresses and much of the accessories, 
  • Purchased/collected a few decor items, and the beginning of what shall be my bridesmaids gifts.
  • Met with our decorator/coordinator at the reception venue to discuss available decor, rentals, theme and colour, etc.
  • Finally decide if we want the videographer (I'm leaning yes, he's leaning no). If we decide yes, book that sucker.  Nick won this one. We won't be hiring an official videographer, but we will be asking some of our friends to help by filming during the day, we'll also be purchasing a go-pro camera to record the ceremony in glorious HD.
  • Cemented our seemingly ever changing guest list. We decided to have a few "maybe" guests, so we basically have a cemented "Definitely" list, plus a few people who we are hoping to try and get together with before we have to send out invites. We have some people we haven't seen in a long time but would like to have them attend, but we made a rule, no one who we haven't seen in over six months.
  •  Priced out Invitations -- I finished my design, and I started ordering supplies for this project! So far I have purchased:
    • Washi tape
    • Two custom stamps (a return address stamp and a "deliver to" stamp for the front of the envelope. 
    • Envelopes
    • Paper
    • Best decision ever, I hired a calligrapher to do just our names. More on this in another post.
Some of my inspiration (and purchases) for our invites.
This month (March) we must: 
  • Get out the rest of those save the dates! So far we've only handed them out in person. Addendum: I have no idea if we'll bother mailing save the dates, it seems oftly silly to pay twice for postage...
  • Collect mailing addresses of guests. 
  • Research musicians. We thought we had this one down, and then at the end of February Nicks band dissolved. We're back to the drawing board and will hopefully be booking a new band this month.
  • Meet with our baker to discuss menu options. In February I sent some ideas for them to look at but I haven't heard back.
  • Book rehearsal dinner vendors (we'll be having our rehearsal dinner at Nicks parents farm, but I'm considering having it catered by a BBQ company) 
  • Finalise honeymoon plans. Nicks parents and grandparents are generously covering our honeymoon.
  • Reserve chairs for ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment