Friday 27 September 2013

First Purchase

I made my first wedding decor purchase yesterday and I'm pretty stoked about it!

This awesome poster will be adorning out dessert table, and I think I'm pretty witty.

Last weekend I attended Bridal Fantasy at Northlands Expo Center. I was excited about it, but it turned out to be a bit of a bust. Not a morsel of food on the property, and everybody was pushily trying to sell me things and judge me on my choice of tradition-bucking whatever. Get over yourself wedding industry, you're so, like, over.

Silver lining, I took a look at some of the packages offered by a friend's event design company, and I think I will go ahead and have her work with me on the decor and coordination. I find, in this overwhelming world of one-ups and pinterest, I have too many ideas. I hope she can help me narrow things down and create a cohesive experience!

Starting with this poster which I find hilarious (so far everyone surveyed finds it unfunny and at least one person threatened to cross out the word 'yo' and write 'your').


Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment